Friday, March 15, 2013

Welcome to my world...

Welcome to BelievableBaking, a blog created for normal people who want to create extraordinary things.  In my mind, I usually picture amazing creations but when I actually try to make it…well, let's just say it doesn't look as wonderful in real life as it does in my mind.  But that doesn't mean it tastes anything less than perfect.  I might not be creative and artistic, but I am relentless when it comes to searching for the perfect recipe.  So I'm documenting my discoveries, photographing my steps and explaining how and why certain things are needed.
Mostly, I'm doing this for all my friends that ask me where I got a recipe.  I'll make note of where I originally got the recipe, but I usually make alterations based on what I have in my pantry.  I also tend to not follow the directions correctly because I'm teaching myself how to do it for the first time as I bake.  For instance, when I made homemade caramel for a holiday gift this last December and it turned out too soft to hold form.  It wasn't until afterwards that I realized there are helpful tips that I should have followed before hand…and that's where this blog comes in for you.  I'll make the mistakes and find the real way of doing things and lay it out plain and simple for you. Listing what ingredients and tools you need, and important tips to make it easy and successful (like double checking your candy thermometer is accurate before you make caramel).
Enjoy, comment (try to be nice…I'm really just a normal person who took a couple cooking classes in high school), suggest and for heaven sake, eat something great every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics